Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Nice Man

Today I was on the street dialing a number on my phone, and a man walked up to me and asked if I was recharging minutes. Before I knew it I had given him my phone number and email, and he was talking about taking me to the hot springs at GuanZiLing.

Eventually I told him I had to study, and we began to walk toward my apartment. He told me he would accompany me upstairs to see where I live.

We talked about his family and about what I was doing in Taiwan. We talked about my education and his work. He inquired about my future. Still, after a year and a half, this kind of behavior, this immediate familiarity, surprises me and I force casualness.

After half an hour, the nice man left. I offered to show him downstairs, but he politely declined.

2 comments:

柯迈平 said...

Dude, make him drive you to the hot springs.

Jonathan said...

不然呢?如果他真的跟我聯絡,我一定會約好。